By Presidential Decree of 21 of 2016 dated on 2 March 2016 on Visa Free, replacing Presidential Regulation Number 104/2015 on Amendments to Presidential Regulation Number 69/2015 on Visa Free, Indonesia now provides special Short Stay Visa Free facilities for tourists who are nationals of a total 169 countries who wish to travel to Indonesia.
Free Visa Facilities are valid for 30 days, are non-extendable and cannot be transferred into any other type of of stay permit. The visa exemption facility can be used for tourism, family visit, social visit, art and cultural, government duty, to deliver a speech or attend a seminar, international exhibition, meetings with head office or representative office in Indonesia, or transit only.
More information about Free Visa, please visit: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/ index.php/en/layanan-publik/ bebas-visa#free-visa-countries-list
If the 30 days of Visit Visa Exemption facility feels insufficient, visitor still can apply for Visa on Arrival (given for 30 days and extendable for another 30 days) or Visit Visa.
Visa on Arrival
In accordance with the Regulation of Minister of Law and Human Right of the Republic of Indonesia Number: 21, on August 26, 2015, citizen from 65 countries and 1 region are eligible for obtaining Visa on Arrival (VOA). The Indonesian Government extends Visa on Arrival (VoA) to nationals of 65 countries and 1 region which can be obtained at designated entry airports and sea ports. Visa-on-Arrival are valid for 30 days and are extendable with another 30 days to be applied at Immigration offices in Indonesia. Visas cost US$35.
This visa can be obtained directly when you are landed at the certain airports and seaport in Indonesia regardless of the purpose of your visits (Business, Tourist, Social). The Visa on Arrival is not a work visa nor a visitation visa. Therefore, it cannot be converted to obtain other immigration permits. The maximum stays permitted for the visa on arrival is 30 days. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you need to mention your intention to stay longer. Visa on Arrival can be extended for another 30 days.
The official entry requirements for the issuance of a 30 or 7 days day visa-on arrival:
- Passport must be from one of the countries listed below.
- Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Payment,depending on the length of visa required.
- Onward or return tickets are compulsory.
- Visitors must enter and exit through one of the 15 airports or 21 seaports officially approved as an international gateway by the Indonesian Immigration department.
Indonesia Government had granted visa on arrival favor to 65 countries and 1 region to be able to purchase the visa on arrival facility upon their arrival in Indonesia's designed International Gateway at 20 airports and 23 seaports.
More information about Visa on Arrival, please visit: http://www.imigrasi.go.id/ index.php/en/ public-services/ visit-visa#general-info
"Free Visa" or "Visa on Arrival" recommended gates for the AICMSTE 2019 international participants, as follow:
- Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport in Banda Aceh, Aceh (International arrival at Banda Aceh - Direct Flight).
- Kualanamu International Airport in Medan, Sumatera Utara (International arrival at Medan and continue with domestic flight to Banda Aceh).
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta (International arrival at Jakarta and continue with domestic flight to Banda Aceh).
Others nationals that not granted with either visa on arrival favor nor visa free favor from Indonesia government may apply for tourist visa at Indonesia embassy abroad.